DOING BUSINESS AT BASTROP CAD
Bastrop Central Appraisal District’s top priority is the health and well-being of our employees and the property owners of Bastrop County.
For the district to be successful it is vital that during this extremely busy season of our office we do not cripple our staff to the point we are unable to serve the needs of the public. Property owners will continue to do business with the office through points of contact by telephone or email.
Our office will remain closed to the public to ensure the safety of our customers and employees.
Bastrop CAD employees will continue to work on behalf of the property owners and taxing entities of Bastrop County. We are available to assist by the following ways:
- Online: Property owners can find key information on our website.
- Email: Property owners may submit applications by email. Bastrop CAD is not equipped to receive online filing of these applications. At this time, we require the applications be signed and attached to an email in a pdf format. We CAN NOT accept any other format other than pdf due to legibility of the documents. Any other format will be returned as unacceptable.
- Mail: Property owners may continue to submit applications through the US Postal Service. Our mailing address is P.O. Drawer 578, Bastrop, Texas 78602.
- Phone: Property owners can reach our office by calling us at 512-303-1930. A complete directory is available on our website under contacts.
- Office Dropbox: Property owners can drop off documents at the secure dropbox at our office located at 212 Jackson Street, Bastrop, Texas. This dropbox is available during the business hours of 7:30 to 4:30, Monday through Friday. It is located at the front door of the building. We will have envelopes available for you to place all documents within and place the envelope in the dropbox.
Please note the dropbox on the south side of the building is closed as the receptacle WILL NOT accept applications.
Operations at the appraisal district will continue as fully staffed, with no contact to the public. We will update our website as changes occur.
INFORMAL – discussion between an appraiser and a property owner/agent will be held by telephone or email for 2020. Please see the informal procedures located under the ARB tab in the top banner of our website.
FORMAL – protest hearings before the Appraisal Review Board will not begin before September 1st, 2020. Procedures for these hearings will be placed on the website after they have been reviewed by the Attorney to the Appraisal Review Board.
The Bastrop CAD employees are available to assist the public regarding homestead applications, agricultural/wildlife applications, business personal property renditions, protest procedures, and any other applications by telephone and/or email.
We are committed to providing the best customer service we can. We believe we will be more efficient to handle the needs of the public, knowing the staff is available to provide that service.
We appreciate the public’s patience and understanding during this time.
Bastrop, Texas 78602
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
“To provide quality service with the highest principles of integrity, professionalism, and respect. We will uphold these standards while providing an accurate, fair, and cost-effective appraisal roll for use in property tax assessment, while adhering to the property tax laws of the State of Texas.”