Change of Address

Change of Address

To change your mailing address, the Property Tax Code requires the request to be made by the property owner and in writing.

Property Owner

Property Owner is the:

  • Legal property owner
  • Manager
  • Trustee
  • Executor of a Will – must provide letter of testamentary as evidence.

A property owner can have someone act on their behalf by completing and submitting an Appointment of Agent Form and submit the agent form to

A Power of Attorney can not change a mailing address.

Ownership held in the name of a business requires legal documents stating the position and authority of the person making the request.

Format and Delivery

Any type of written request is acceptable as long as the following information is included;

  • Old Address
  • New Address
  • Current Phone Number
  • Account number or numbers or property address
  • Signature
  • Date of Request

You may deliver your written request in person to our office located at 212 Jackson Street, Bastrop, Texas, you may mail the written request to our postal address of P.O. Box 578, Bastrop Texas 78602, or you may email the written request to

When submitting a form by email, it must be legible and is preferred as a .pdf file. Photo imagery of the form is not acceptable.


The following form is available to change your mailing address.

Change of Address

Boards and Committees

Board of Directors

Appraisal Review Board

Citizens Advisory Committee