Taxpayer Liaison Officer
The Taxpayer Liaison Officer (TLO) is a valuable resource for property owners to get their questions answered and file complaints about their experience.
The TLO is appointed by the Bastrop Central Appraisal District Board of Directors. The BOD is not involved in the day-to-day activities and management of the TLO. The TLO is independent of the Bastrop Central Appraisal District (BCAD) appraisal and applications for exemptions and special value operations. The TLO is independent of the ARB and has no authority to change a decision reached in an ARB hearing or through arbitration. The TLO cannot make changes to BCAD policies or procedures.
The general responsibilities of the TLO are as described as follows:
- provides information and materials to the public;
- resolves disputes that do not involve matters that may be protested under Tax Code Section 41.41;
- receives, compiles and forwards, comments and suggestions concerning Appraisal Review board (ARB) matters to the Comptroller’s office as prescribed by the Comptroller’s office;
- delivers ARB applications received and provides clerical assistance to the local administrative district judge as part of the ARB selection process;
- receives, compiles and forward complaints to the BOD in which they have authority to resolve, pursuant to Property Tax Code Section 6.04(g)
The Taxpayer Liaison Officer is Darlene Smith. She can be reached as indicated below.
Bastrop Central Appraisal District
Attn: Taxpayer Liaison Officer
212 Jackson Street
P.O. Drawer 578
Bastrop, Tx 78602
Bastrop, Texas 78602
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
“To provide quality service with the highest principles of integrity, professionalism, and respect. We will uphold these standards while providing an accurate, fair, and cost-effective appraisal roll for use in property tax assessment, while adhering to the property tax laws of the State of Texas.”