Taxpayer Liaison Officer
The Taxpayer Liaison Officer (TLO) is a valuable resource for property owners to get their questions answered and file complaints about their experience.
The TLO is appointed by the Bastrop Central Appraisal District Board of Directors. The BOD is not involved in the day-to-day activities and management of the TLO. The TLO is independent of the Bastrop Central Appraisal District (BCAD) appraisal and applications for exemptions and special value operations. The TLO is independent of the ARB and has no authority to change a decision reached in an ARB hearing or through arbitration. The TLO cannot make changes to BCAD policies or procedures.
The general responsibilities of the TLO are as described as follows:
- provides information and materials to the public;
- resolves disputes that do not involve matters that may be protested under Tax Code Section 41.41;
- receives, compiles and forwards, comments and suggestions concerning Appraisal Review board (ARB) matters to the Comptroller’s office as prescribed by the Comptroller’s office;
- delivers ARB applications received and provides clerical assistance to the local administrative district judge as part of the ARB selection process;
- receives, compiles and forward complaints to the BOD in which they have authority to resolve, pursuant to Property Tax Code Section 6.04(g)
Complaints, comments and/or suggestions need to be in writing and submitted to the Taxpayer Liaison Officer for further review and response. To assist in the submission of a complaint, comment or suggestions, please complete the Customer Action Form and submit the completed form and additional information by mail, in person, or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limited Binding Arbitration
Tax Code Section 41A.015 gives property owners meeting certain criteria the option to request limited binding arbitration (LBA) to compel the appraisal review board (ARB or the chief appraiser, as appropriate to seven different items. To understand the qualification prior to filing we recommend you read the information from Comptrollers Website at: https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/property-tax/arbitration/limited-binding.php
A Limited Binding Arbitration is time sensitive in the filing requirements. We have also included a Limited Binding Arbitration Packet for reference.
Limited Binding Arbitration Packet
The Taxpayer Liaison Officer can be reached as indicated below.
Bastrop Central Appraisal District
Attn: Taxpayer Liaison Officer
212 Jackson Street
P.O. Drawer 578
Bastrop, Tx 78602
Bastrop, Texas 78602
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
“To provide quality service with the highest principles of integrity, professionalism, and respect. We will uphold these standards while providing an accurate, fair, and cost-effective appraisal roll for use in property tax assessment, while adhering to the property tax laws of the State of Texas.”