OPEN WITH LIMITED PUBLIC ACCESS
Bastrop Central Appraisal District’s top priority is the health and well-being of our employees and the property owners of Bastrop County.
For the district to be successful it is vital that our employees are available to assist and serve the needs of the public.
We ask each customer who wishes to conduct business in person to wear a face cover.
Our office is open with limited public access.
- Our doors are opened.
- One customer admitted at a time. Two individuals may come in together that represents one transaction.
- Lobby has limited seating.
- The receptionist will log your visit.
- You will be asked to wait in the lobby until a counter is available.
- Only two at a counter at one time to include partner, interpreter, or child.
- Receptionist will route you to the appropriate counter.
- At the conclusion of business please check out with the receptionist.
Property owners can continue to do business with the office through points of contact by telephone or email.
In addition to assisting the public in person we are available to assist by the following ways:
- Online: Property owners can find key information on our website.
- Email: Property owners may submit applications by email. Bastrop CAD is not equipped to receive online filing of these applications. At this time, we require the applications be signed and attached to an email in a pdf format. We CAN NOT accept any other format other than pdf due to legibility of the documents. Any other format will be returned as unacceptable.
- Mail: Property owners may continue to submit applications through the US Postal Service. Our mailing address is P.O. Drawer 578, Bastrop, Texas 78602.
- Phone: Property owners can reach our office by calling us at 512-303-1930. A complete directory is available on our website under contacts.
- Office Dropbox: Property owners can drop off documents at the secure dropbox at our office located at 212 Jackson Street, Bastrop, Texas.
INFORMAL – protest hearings held informally with a district appraiser will begin April 26th, 2021.
FORMAL – protest hearings before the Appraisal Review Board will begin after June 1st, 2021.
The Bastrop CAD employees are available to assist the public regarding homestead applications, agricultural/wildlife applications, business personal property renditions, protest procedures, and any other applications in person, by telephone and/or email.
We appreciate the public’s patience and understanding.
“To provide quality service with the highest principles of integrity, professionalism, and respect. We will uphold these standards while providing an accurate, fair, and cost-effective appraisal roll for use in property tax assessment, while adhering to the property tax laws of the State of Texas.”